Tuesday, December 13, 2016

In the memory of my Brother | Nihari Recipe from scratch | No Box masala recipe by morEwish


As most of you know that I recently lost my brother,  I lost my best friend, my childhood buddy, my secret sharer!


He was a loving son, caring brother, great uncle, and a loving soul! Its still hard to believe that he is not with us anymore!



You will be missed my brother! Always!

Today I thought to share recipe of his favorite food Nihari, and its a no Box masala recipe, If you try it there is no turning back!



Video Tutorial:






Nihari Masala:

1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1 tsp cumin seeds (zeera)
1 ani star seed (badyan ka phool)
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 dry ginger root (sonth - or sokhi adrak)
3 tbsp red chili powder

For Nihari:

2 lbs (1 kg) chicken pieces
1/2 - 1 cup oil/ghee
2 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
4 tbsp prepared Nihari masla 
1/4 cup all purpose flour/wheat flour

for serving:
lemon wedges, chopped cilantro, chopped chilies, sliced ginger!

No comments:

Post a Comment